[5th Gen OU] Sweeping in the Sand!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[5th Gen OU] Sweeping in the Sand!

Post by Super_Hussain on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:37 pm

SWEEPING IN THE SAND!

At a Glance

Introduction

Well this is a team that I made real quick because I was getting bored of my old team. I had been using Rain too much and I thought I needed a change. The best thing after Rain if not even better is Sand! So I obviously started off with Tyranitar. Not the normal Special Defensive one no, I was using my all time favorite Tyranitar, you will soon see! I added a few of the best Sand Sweepers and some other things that would benefit my team. And one thing I didn't even think about was type synergy when I made this team. Although, I did have some pretty good synergy in the end! Synergy is shown here:
SYNERGY CHART:
Also for laddering for only 10 minutes I got up to 1200. The ladder peak is shown here:
LADDER PEAK:

A Closer Look

@ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Fire Punch

This is the shit right here! He is the ultimate sweeper! if you look at my previous RMT, I started out with Mega Sweeping, and this is exactly what Tyranitar does. He is a beast with his 134 Base Attack! And you think you can take him down? HELL NAW! With his auto-sand, he has an extra Special Defense boost! This thing is very strong! Lets get into some more detail. His ability is for bringing in the weather which is essential for this team because of the title, "Sweeping in the Sand". I gave him leftovers because we not only want him to sweep from the start, but we also need him to gain some extra stamina so he can stay alive and keep the Sandstorm up. His EV's are for him sweeping some shit. I gave him Adamant nature over Jolly because we need him to keep the sand up from the beginning. He is slower than Ninetales with this nature which is perfect. He will switch out while I get a free Dragon Dance. Then I can kill the next pokemon that comes in and predict the opponents moves the rest of the game. The moveset is quite a common set for a Dragon Dance Tyranitar but Earthquake is for opposing Tyranitar, Crunch is for STAB, Fire Punch is for common Scizor switch-ins. To entertain you all, I will show you a replay of a match just to show how amazing this Tyranitar really is!
>>>Replay<<<

@ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword

This dude is such a strong Pokemon, and with Choice Band, BOOM! This dude can destroy the Pokemon the opponent sends in. When I see a threat, I switch out to a more appropriate Pokemon. I chose Band because it is just a quick way to kill the Pokemon in my way. I can also switch into him from a Dark move directed toward Latios and raise my attack even more. I can sweep my way through the opponents entire team this way. His EV's are self-explanitory. His moveset is quite common but I chose Close-Combat for a strong STAB move, Stone Edge for the same reason, X-Scissor for any Psychic Fags out there *cough*Reuniclus*cough*. And lastly, I chose Sacred Sword because it is a good way from stopping someone to completely wall me to death. This works great on Curse Attackers or Bulk Up Attackers.

@ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios is a great addition to my team because it helps a bit with my Fighting weakness. He is also a great Sweeper. I know what you are thinking, Why Expert Belt? Well this is because I am running the Water-Electric-Fire Combo. Such great coverage. This will almost always make me have a Super Effective move and Expert Belt increases that attack by 20%. WOW! I think that is amazing because it allows me to sweep! I also added in Dragon Pulse for Stab. I chose Timid because there are other Latios' out there, I always have to outspeed them!

@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
- U-turn
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Here is my Ultimate Sand Abuser! I love this guy because of Sand Force! It allows me to have some ultimate power! I have Choice Scarf for outspeeding many Pokemon. The Ev's are self-explanitory. The Nature is the same. I have U-Turn for scouting pokemon. I have Frustration because it is such a strong attack. I have Earthquake and Stone Edge for the Sand Force boosted attack!

@ Expert Belt
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

This Pokemon is so underated. I use this guy for UBERS! I don't think he should be UU because he is such an amazing Pokemon. He is so strong and has such a diverse movepool. He also is pretty good on my team, but if there is one Pokemon I would take out. it is him because he doesn't add too much to my team. I noticed my weakness to Ice so I thought Rotom-W. He is especially good with Scizor. But then my Grass weakness will be bigger. If there are any suggestions, please comment. Well I have Expert Belt on him because he is doing the exact same thing as Latios, having a great movepool and adding more power to Super-Effective moves. One thing that destrys this thing is Heatran and the offensive Dragon Pulse set. That thing is a threat to this team. His EV's are for sweeping. I picked Modest over Timid because he doesn't need the speed boost but does need the Special Attack boost. I picked Draco Meteor because it is such a strong attack and I usually switch out after I use Draco Meteor anyway. His other moves are just for coverage but I didn't pick Focus Blast because it hardly ever hits. I don't like taking risks so I think this is fine. I might change to Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor, what do you think?

@ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Superpower

This guy is one of my revenge killers along with Landorus. He is so strong with Band and can hit hard all the time. I picked the Choice Band set over the Swords Dance set because I almost always use Bullet Punch except when I know it is no good and then I switch. The one thing that I hate is when Magnezone's come in on Scizor and trap him with Magnet Pull. If I can choose an attack, I will always choose U-Turn on Magnezone because I am free. He usually can't do much to the rest of my team. This is a standard CB set so I don't think I will need to go into detail.

THREATS:

Dugtrio- Traps my Tyranitar and can hit back with Earthquake
Alakazam- Fast and deadly. I suggest U-Turning with Landorus to Scizor and Bullet Punching
Gastrodon- Can be a pretty big problem
Celebi- Landorus easily destroys it
Magnezone- Can trap my Scizor
Quagsire- Can wall my team pretty badly
Donphan- Pretty big threat as it has Earthquake and Ice Shard.
Abomasnow- Weather Inducer
Latios- Can be a problem if it gets the speed tie over my Latios
Conkeldurr- ABSOLUTELY, DO NOT LET THIS THING SET UP!
Hydreigon- Scarf Version can be a problem
Volcarona- ABSOLUTELY, DO NOT LET THIS THING SET UP!
Terrakion- Rock Polish version can wreck the team
Landorus- Can be a problem, but not that big of one.
Chandelure- Shadow Tag can trap Tyranitar but I can get a Dragon Dance up and Earthquake to kill it
Haxorus- ABSOLUTELY, DO NOT LET THIS THING SET UP!
Reuniclus- Can do a lot of damage but it can't do much to Scizor
Keldeo-
Genesect- Can do a lot of damage if its not Scarf, but predict against him
Tornadus- Keep Sand alive and you are good
Salamence- ABSOLUTELY, DO NOT LET THIS THING SET UP!
Cloyster- ABSOLUTELY, DO NOT LET THIS THING SET UP!
Politoed- Weather Inducer
Venusaur- Keep Sand alive and you are good
Ninetails- Weather Inducer
Toxicroak- Keep Sand alive and you are good
Scizor- Switch to an appropriate Pokemon to wall the attack
Infernape- Can't do much to Latios
Dragonite- ABSOLUTELY, DO NOT LET THIS THING SET UP!
Jirachi- Don't let him hax... Go to Landorus and Earthquake
Rotom-W- Can do a bit of damage to the team
Gyarados- ABSOLUTELY, DO NOT LET THIS THING SET UP!
Gliscor- Latios can handle him well
Blissey- Anyone Physical
Chansey- Anyone Physical
Deoxys-s- Be careful of his offensive variant
Ferrothorn- Not too big of a problem but Latios HP Fire
Skarmory- Anyone Special

IMPORTABLE:
Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Fire Punch

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
- U-turn
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Hydreigon (M) @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Superpower

Conclusion

Well that is my team. I think it is an amazing team and can do wonders if you are a Hyper Offensive battler but always remember that if you play one game with this team, and it isn't as good as I said it was, that was because you haven't got used to the team's playing style. You must know how to use the team and work it well. I would also like to say thanks to Fabian for helping me build this team. He is awesome and gave me the idea of Expert Belt Latios. Everyone must know he is one of the best battlers I have seen. Anyway I hoped you liked the Rate My Team, please leave some comments to help me with the team, try it out yourself, and tell me how good you think the team is.
STEAL, HATE, COMMENT, SUGGEST, ETC.

Super_Hussain
Administrators
Administrators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [5th Gen OU] Sweeping in the Sand!

Post by Super_Hussain on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:41 pm

K it is now finished! You are all welcome to comment and rate the team =D

Super_Hussain
Administrators
Administrators